Thursday, November 5, 2009

I worship at the altar of Kathy Griffin.


I'd like you to meet Kathy. She's my girl.


Hey, Kath. There you are, lookin' all pretty and funny. Some people like to hate on you...but don't worry, I've got your back. Why do I have your back? Don't fret...I'll explain it to these people.

1. KG is hilarious

Kathy Griffin's humor is centered around being crude, not giving a fuck, and celebrities. These are all things to which I can relate. I like to say fuck, a lot. I like to talk about gross things, a lot. And I like to talk about famous people, a lot. KG isn't afraid of the controversy either. If you haven't heard of the 'suck it, Jesus!' comment, I suggest you google it; if you're easily offended, you probably won't like it. But I thought it was genius. I'm not quite sure what was funnier though; the actual comment, or the brain-exploding that happened on the Christian Right. Either way, I dig it.

2. KG doesn't give a fuuuuuuck

Well, she doesn't. KG does what she wants. She says what she wants. She doesn't care. I think we could all use a little more if this in our lives. You go, Kath. I aspire to be like you in this regard.

3. She's all about the gays

Me too! I think if Kathy weren't famous and lived in either DC or IC and happened to run into BK or me, she'd be one of our BFFs. She'd probably be blogging with us. Which would not only be legit, but also make our blog even better. And probably more offensive. And more hilarious. Damn. Seriously though, KG is a big supporter of gay rights, and that just makes her a woman after my own heart.

4. Irish-Catholic by birth

Again, me too! Kath, call me, we have so much in common.


Seriously though, I love this woman. I feel that if someone tells me they really don't like her, it's an indication that once I get to know them, I really won't like them. KG is just my kinda lady. And Kath, if you're reading this and need more lawyers, I'm all about free speech -- shoot me an e-mail and I'll get you my resume right quick...kthanx.


No comments:

Post a Comment